Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Assignment #2

It was during last year when my family went to Sanibel, FL for summer vacation. The previous week, my grandfather suggested I read a book called Parallel Worlds by Michio Kaku because he knew I was interested in science. The book intrigued me because I always had a knack for physics. It ended up taking the whole week to get through the novel because of the complexity of its concepts. It made me look at the universe with a new perspective and meaning.

“Physicists and astronomers around the world are now speculating about what these parallel worlds might look like, what laws they may obey, how they are born, and how they may eventually die. Perhaps these parallel worlds are barren, without the basic ingredients for life. Or perhaps they look just like our universe, separated by a single quantum event that made these universes diverge from us” (Kaku 5).

Isn’t it mind-blowing? Can you wrap your mind around it? Does it change your perspective of the universe, even life? Perhaps you need to read the novel in order to change your perspective and understand, however it might even make you more confused.

Prompt:
Is there an event, place, piece of writing that has significantly changed your perspective of things?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

At the end of 11th grade our bio teacher showed us a ringworm movie. It was gross. after that all my meat i ate could not even be close to having red in it because of that movie.

Tyler K's Blog said...

As a matter of fact, there is. Just today I realized that I have no chance of passing AP US History. The reason is because he gave us a pop quiz, so im very mad. O well, its not the end of the world, I just wont get into any college and I will never get a job. Nothing big! =P