Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Assignment #4

Task 1

A) The setting of Connie being alone adds suspense and some foreshadowing that something will go wrong.

B) I think Connie is a shallow person who doesn't appreciate her family. She is a self-centered person who only thinks of herself and boys. The crowd just feeds her ego of being popular and pretty which I think is distasteful.

E) I think it ends that Connie goes to ride with Arnold and his friend. To continue on the story (how I think it should end): Connie's family comes home to find Connie missing while Arnold Friend rapes and kills Connie. Later, police find Connie's body in a dumpster. Connie's mother feels no remorse and says she had it coming.

Task 2

1. Suspense-Connie alone
2. Thorough character development-Connie
3. Detailed character description
4. First person POW
5. Detailed setting description-house, restaurant
6. Concise plot development
7. Believable conversations
8. Background- Connie's mother
9. Intricate conflict
10. In depth character thoughts/emotions development

1 comment:

Tyler K's Blog said...

I agree with your list of 10 things that a poem must have. My favorite thing that you had would be "In depth character thoughts/emotions development". This is a very interesting statement, I wish I could of thought of that for my list but oh well. One of the traits of a short story that I don't agree with you on is that the story should be in first person. The reason I think this is because I don't think that all short stories should be in first person, there are good ones that are not in first person.